9 Oct 2018
Satisfy your sweet tooth with our Breckenridge local’s guide to shops and stores that offer Sweet Treats in Summit County, Colorado! After a long day of hiking, a burst of sugar, like an ice cream cone, really hits the spot.
Talk to our reservation team when booking your Breckenridge Vacation Rental Home, and find the perfect place to stay. They can also give you recommendations for a local eatery and might even point you to this blog that will help you find the tastiest treats in the high country. We are experts in creating experiences that create lasting memories. Now, on to the good stuff!
Bakeries, Ice Cream, and Candy in Summit County
If you’ve never been to Breckenridge before, you drive south from I-70 through the Town of Frisco before merging into Main Street. That is where our office is located, at the north end of the historic district of downtown Breck, where our list begins.
Find a few hours to stroll along and wander in and out of shops that sell locally branded merchandise and more. Restaurants and sweet shops are scattered along a few blocks in the heart of Breckenridge. Click here for a Dining Guide of Breckenridge. What follows will be your list of recommended desserts!
- Fuzziwigs - The largest candy shop in the downtown area. This is a good place to spend some time if you have a few minutes. Lots of choices, so multiple stops during an extended stay are probably going to happen.
- Oh Fudge - Next to the cookie shop, this place offers “cotton candy, nuts, caramel apples, a large assortment of candy and over a dozen types of ice cream.”
- Mountain Top Cookie Shop - Too many to list here, we’ve provided a link to the specialty cookies provided in this little shop near the Breckenridge Welcome Center.
- The Crown - This place is cozy and has hot drinks and eats with a backyard patio that you could bring your pet with you after hiking.
- Crepes a la Carte - You’ve seen the line if you’ve visited the town. So worth it on a cold day.
- Cool River Coffee House - Patio and inside eating offering breakfast, lunch and baked goods such as “Julie’s Magical Bars.” We recently split a hot chocolate and doughnut with sprinkles after feeding fish at the nearby Dredge boat.
- Amazing Grace - This natural eatery is located across from the old county commons building and is in the little yellow Victorian house. Ask for one of their huge healthy cookies if you’re a discerning connoisseur of healthier foods.
- Clint’s - The local’s choice for coffee and a muffin in the morning. Grab something and meet in the Blue River Plaza or hop rocks in the river on a hot day.
- La Francaise - French pastries that are “made from scratch with love.” These skilled chefs and bakers also offer crepes and sandwiches, so bring the family!
- Mom’s Baking Co. - Find this shop at the main intersection in Breckenridge, next to Giampietro’s.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - Chocolate lovers won’t need to go anywhere else. Gift boxes, truffles and way too many to list here.
- Lolo Juice - Fresh made smoothies and juice mixes. Organic food options available.
To get to and from Breckenridge, you pass through Frisco, the “Main Street of the Rockies.” There’s a new classic in Summit County and that’s Foote’s Sweete Shoppe. They’re located in an old historic building and have an outdoor seating area and even offer live music throughout the summer. Enjoy the marina during the warmer months and head over. Or, stop on your way back from skiing at Copper Mountain.
- Footes Sweet Shoppe - Click here to read a bit about the history of the area, events, and food offered from Foote’s Eatery, located adjacent to the building.
- Butterhorn Bakery - Breakfast, lunch and a bakery right on main street? Yes! This just might be your go-to for fueling up for adventures near Frisco.
Silverthorne / Dillon
- Blue Moon Bakery - Ben, owner and baker, has recently added adult beverages to his offerings, meaning you can enjoy a beer and a tasty baked good from an award-winning team. Read more about this shop that is the well-deserving recipient of the Best Dessert and Best Bakery from the Best Of Summit contest.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - Pull over at the Outlets of Silverthorne for one last chance to grab your favorite sweet creation.
- Cameez - This store is found next to the Bowling Alley, another good place to spend some time on a foul weather day, in downtown Dillon and offers yummy ice cream and frozen yogurt.