20 May 2020
While this Summer things in Breckenridge will look a bit different than in Summer’s past, one thing remains the same: there is no shortage of outdoor adventure to be had while remaining distanced from others. Now more than ever, people are seeking out ways to get outdoors, get active, rejuvenate the mind and keep a safe distance. With over 300 miles of hiking, biking and off-road trails, you'll have a new adventure waiting every day of your Breckenridge vacation - and that is just the beginning! We've compiled a list of activities to keep you active on your next trip to the mountains!
- Breckenridge Golf Club - enjoy panoramic mountain views from each of the 27 holes. Keep your eyes peeled as it is not uncommon to spot Colorado's unique wildlife such as moose, elk, deer and the occasional bear while playing.
- The Breckenridge Golf Club has plans to reopen by June 1st. Learn more about the proactive measures they're taking to keep players safe on the Golf Couse Website.
- We have several luxury homes in close proximity to the Breckenridge Golf Club that can be viewed here.
- Other nearby golf courses include: The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks and Keystone Ranch & The River Course in Keystone
- Breckenridge Outfitters is one of the most decorated Orvis-endorsed Outfitters offering year-round guided fly fishing adventures and a full service fly shop in Breckenridge, Colorado. Professional, friendly and knowledgeable, all Breckenridge Outfitters guides have attended the Orvis Endorsement School, and are up-to-date on the latest teaching techniques.
Hiking & Biking
- Summit County offers an extensive system of hiking and biking trails ranging from beginner to advanced so everyone in your group can be challenged. Our staff spends lots of time getting familiar with the local trails and can recommend hiking excursions near the home you're staying in - or check out this fantastic resource on local hiking trails.
- In addition to our extensive trail system, the Summit County Rec Path provides a place to walk, run, bike or skateboard! Use the Rec Path as a gateway to connect you to the multitude of biking and hiking trails - or take an afternoon stroll into Town!
- If your dog wants to get in on the hiking action, we've compiled a list of dog-friendly trails in and around Breckenridge - you can also view a list of our dog-friendly vacation homes here.
- Avalanche Sports in Breckenridge is our preferred partner for bicycle rentals and repairs
Boating, Sailing & Stand Up Paddleboarding
- The beautiful waters of Lake Dillon are conveniently located a short drive from Breckenridge and offer opportunities to enjoy a day on the water - by canoe or kayak, motor boat or stand up paddleboard! Rentals for all on-water activities are listed below.
- Frisco Bay Marina
- Dillon Marina
- Platte Ranch | 719.836.1670
What other suggestions do we have?
- Pack a picnic and go for a drive - or order sandwiches from one of the many fantastic local restaurants in Breckenridge and explore beyond Breckenridge! There is an abundance of mountain passes and beautiful vistas just waiting to be enjoyed
- Cooking Competition - you are staying in a home with a dream kitchen complete with professional appliances and time to enjoy the art of cooking...get familiar with it and then get two teams together to create some spectacular meals and get some friendly competition going: see who can create the most mouth-watering main courses - or best cocktail to enjoy in the hot tub!
- Kick back and enjoy the amenities - all too often, we wrap up a vacation and say "I wish I sat in the hot tub!" or "we didn't even play a game of pool!" - this is your chance to revel in the alluring amenities your vacation home is chock-full of...so pack that book you've been wanting to finish - or your favorite movie to enjoy on the big screen...and get ready to enjoy a well-deserved retreat in the Rocky Mountains.